A screencast is a digital video recording of your computer screen and usually includes audio narration. Screencasts are just one of many different types of instructional videos. Not unlike a screenshot, screencasts can be called a screen
capture video or screen recording and is a great way to teach or share ideas.
Screen casting can be used to record lesson introductions, assignment brief explanations and also to provide learners with feedback on their work.
How to record a screencast:
1) Go to https://screencast-o-matic.com/
2) Once there, click 'Sign Up' in the top right hand corner
3) Then click ‘signup with Google' and sign in using your college gmail.
4) You will then be redirected to the 'content' page, and from there you can click launch recorder in the upper right.
5) It will open the screen recorder overlay, in the bottom left, and from there you can choose your audio device (microphone) and other preferences.
6) When ready, click the red 'REC' button at the bottom and it will record your screen
7) After you press the pause button, you can click done and choose the save option.
8) Name the file and click the publish button, and it will save to your preferred place on your device.